Stuck at home in the sweltering heat all summer long? It's time to bring out the blender and the stirrer. Channel your inner bartender with these refreshingly delicious summer cocktail recipes. These iconic concoctions have several variations, but we're serving up the simplest versions. You'll have everything you need by shopping your pantry and whip them up on a whim. Are you ready? Let's dig right in!
Feel the thrill of being in a tropical paradise with this classic summer cocktail recipe with the perfect blend of sweet and tangy. Pina Colada usually calls for rum, but this one's got the twist of whiskey.
- 2oz Spirit of York Whisky
- 1.5oz pineapple juice
- 1oz lime juice
- 0.5oz coconut milk
- 0.5oz simple syrup or Orgeat
- Pulse everything in a blender filled with crushed ice until the consistency is smooth.
- Pour contents over a tall glass.
- Garnish with toasted coconut and lime and top with a miniature umbrella to complete the vacay experience.
Everyone loves a little tiki cocktail, but this one's specially made for lovers of the Nordic spirit aquavit. It's a neutral spirit with a clear and crisp taste that serves as an ideal base for the funky flavours in this summer cocktail recipe. Spirit of York Aquavit brings it to the next level by marrying the signature flavours of caraway and dill with botanical infusions.
- 2oz Spirit of York Aquavit
- 2oz coconut milk
- 1oz grapefruit juice
- 1oz toasted coconut syrup
- 2 dashes lime tincture
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake with ice.
- Strain into a glass.
- Garnish with a slice of fresh grapefruit.
- Rim with toasted coconut, brown sugar, and a pinch of sea salt.
Here's an aptly named summer cocktail recipe that is best enjoyed solo. It cleverly incorporates sorrel, a seasonal herb only available in spring to mid-summer months. It packs a punch in aromatic flavours blending well with any clear spirit. Sorrel has a distinct taste that can be hard to substitute. The Spirit of York House Sorrel is a convenient alternative if you do not have fresh ones within reach.
- 2oz Spirit of York Whisky
- 1oz pineapple juice
- 0.5oz lime juice
- 1oz simple syrup
- 0.5oz Spirit of York House Sorrel
- Angostura bitters
- In a tall glass, pour a layer of sorrel and top with crushed ice.
- Strain over the glass filled with sorrel and crushed ice.
- Layer with Angostura bitters floating on top.
- Garnish with a mint leaf and an orange twist.
Get Your Spirit of York
Whichever of these exciting summer cocktail recipes you decide to make this season, make sure you're using a high-quality spirit as a base. Don't waste your time and ruin your cocktail making experience at home with poor-quality spirits that leave an unpleasant aftertaste. Stock up on your essentials! Get Spirit of York's premium-quality products in our Distillery located at 12 Trinity Street, Toronto Ontario and in provinces across Canada. For detailed inquiries, don't hesitate to reach out to the Spirit of York team. Contact us now!